It’s the start of the summer season and a perfect opportunity to get smoothie making. Even if you don’t consider yourself talented in the kitchen, I’ve listed 5 tried and tested different smoothie recipes below that I guarantee are super easy to make. All you need is a blender and 5 minutes to spare! So what are you waiting for? Take some inspiration from the below and let’s get blending!
Forget your Weetabix, have you had your morning fuel?
This drink is great post workout or as a breakfast smoothie. Definitely guaranteed to keep keep you full!
1. Add one whole banana to the blender, with one heaped tablespoon of uncooked oats.
2. Pour in 3-5 tablespoons of greek yogurt (can be substituted for almond milk).
3. Boil the kettle and add mix teaspoon of coffee with 1/4 cup of boiling water.
4. Throw the ingredients together and blend.
5. Add one small teaspoon of honey to taste.
Watch this video to see me make this smoothie!
Green eyed beauty
There’s a reason why green smoothies are so popular. Not only is it a great way of mixing together all your left over vegetables and reducing waste, but it will give you a big dose of your daily health kick! I like to add spirulina to this recipe, which is rich in minerals like calcium, magnesium, zinc and selenium.
1. Juice 3-4 handfuls of either spinach or kale. These will quickly wilt so it won’t produce as much juice as you think.
2. In your blender, add half an avocado with one whole frozen banana, pouring in your kale/spinach juice.
3. Add a splash of almond milk. Mix together.
4. Pour into a glass and add one teaspoon of spirulina powder to stir in until it is all dissolved. Voilá!
A berry so good with no soggy bottoms in sight
This is my OG smoothie and is one of the easiest to make! I wrote about acai berries on this post back in 2019, but if you are unfamiliar with it, the taste can be likened to a mix of blackberries and unsweetened chocolate. I also like to add chia seeds to this smoothie. Chia seeds are full of fibre, protein and can even help support weight loss. Both of these ingredients are very nutritious and are great antioxidants!
1. Simply throw in one banana, a handful of blueberries, strawberries, raspberry’s and a dash of coconut milk and blend.
2. Pour into a glass and add one teaspoon of acai berry powder, plus one teaspoon of chia seeds.
3. Stir well and enjoy!
R&R in one sip
For days that I’m feeling like switching things up I go for a kiwi based smoothie. Kiwis are full of nutrients like vitamin C, vitamin K, vitamin E, folate, and potassium. They are also another great antioxidant!
1. Add one banana, a handful of blueberries and 2-3 small peeled kiwis with a dash of coconut milk to your blender.
2. Blend together and pour the smoothie into a glass.
3. Add one teaspoon of spirulina powder (it’s very strong in taste but really balances out this smoothie!)
4. Serve and enjoy.
Summer in a jar
The perfect refreshing smoothie for a hot summer’s day!
1. Cut up a banana into slices and a mango into chunks ready to put in the freezer overnight.
2. The next day, juice one whole orange and add all of the ingredients into a blender.
3. Pour into your glass and enjoy in the sun!
Happy smoothie making!
If you enjoyed this blog post you should subscribe and check out the below: